2020 is here.
Always exciting is the beginning of a new year.
A time to reflect, improve, amend, regroup, for better.
Here are some ways to make 2020 work in a way to help your progress.
1. Vision and Dreams
- Dreams take time to mature. Just because there is a dream for betterment, this does not mean that the fruition of a dream will happen overnight. Dreams take work and can take decades or more to bear fruits.
- Write down your vision and dreams. Writing these down gives the brain a clue that this is real and not just imagination, so the brain will handle the written dream with more importance.
- Saying thank you or writing a thank you note, tells the recipient you are appreciative and you will be remembered if there are more opportunities.
- Showing appreciation, by paying it forward and going good deeds.
3. Beat procrastination
- Understand the reason for the self delay. This could be fear, lack of knowledge, loss of control, overwhelming circumstances, or lack of resources.
- Try to meet the necessary timelines well in advance. Often failure to meet timelines results in last-minute stresses and unnecessary expense. Picture someone in traffic trying to catch a last-minute flight or someone whose cruise ship sailed off while the person is on land.
- A timely application can be the difference between success or failure.
4. Know your strengths and weaknesses
- Leverage your strengths. Use your gifts to do good work.
- Understand your weaknesses and work these to an advantage by balancing strengths and weaknesses.
- Pursue difficult tasks one step at a time.
- Be kind to yourself, knowing tomorrow is another day.
- Seek happiness.
- Take time out for rest and relaxation.
Written by Dr. Ngozi Onuoha